Facial Plastic Surgery in Chicago
Patients frequently visit our office with concerns about how old their faces are beginning to look. As the skin loses its elasticity and starts to sag, its texture changes such that wrinkles and fine lines form, as your face loses volume and becomes gaunt or hollow. The first step is to find a surgeon to discuss treatment options with you to improve your overall appearance. Your surgeon will answer all your questions regarding the surgical and non-surgical options available to treat your face.
The need and desire for facial plastic surgery are on the rise. In 2020, Americans underwent more than 2.3 million facial plastic surgery procedures and over 38,000 revision surgeries. With more people turning to cosmetic surgery in search of the fountain of youth, it is essential to conduct extensive research when considering an elective procedure such as facial plastic surgery.
When searching for a physician to operate on your face, make sure the surgeon is board-certified by an American Board of Medical Specialties board, such as surgeons holding certification from the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (ABO). Look also for further accreditation by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. These board-certified surgeons base their reputation on their extensive training, qualifications, and proficiency in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face, head, and neck. For example, Dr. Dutton is certified by the ABO and ABFPRS. And while he has a keen interest in rhinoplasty, he continues to practice, excel, and teach all aspects of facial plastic surgery. These include the following.
- Facelift : When looking to restore youthful facial contours, a facelift is an excellent surgical correction. It helps restore volume and elasticity to resolve unwanted facial flaws like sagging tissues, folds, and wrinkles. It can also help boost confidence and self-esteem by enhancing your beauty or facial attraction. When frustrated with your aging face in the mirror, a facelift can help you attain your aesthetic goals. Learn more.
- Balloon Sinus Dilation: When frequent inflammation and sinus pain become recurring problems, a straightforward procedure can help. For example, a balloon sinus dilation can resolve sinusitis (inflammation of the sinus lining) to eliminate facial discomfort, congestion, and headaches and restore taste and smell. This safe, non-invasive treatment helps you feel wonderful again. Learn more.
- Chin Implants: A defined jawline gives people the appearance of confidence and self-assuredness, specifically when the jawline and chin emphasize a leanness that appeals to men and women alike. A defined jawline makes a great first impression for that job interview or first date. It also comes in handy for that unexpected photo in a candid situation where a weak chin may not be the best image. Read more.
- Blepharoplasty (Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery): Sagging, drooping eyelids add years to a person’s appearance and undermine their confidence and self-esteem. In addition, in some cases, severe drooping compromises an individual’s ability to see correctly. At Rhinoplasty Institute of Chicago, Dr. Dutton offers cosmetic eye lifts that eliminate unwanted skin surrounding the eyes, restoring a youthful appearance naturally.
- Eyerow and Forehead Lifts: When facial skin on the upper face droops from the forehead to the brow, it can have negative physical and cosmetic consequences. A brow lift brings a permanent correction by softening horizontal lines and creases and lifting unwanted fat and skin out of your field of vision. These corrections will also help you look young, alert, and more relaxed. Read more.
- Scar revision: When a cut or surgical incision goes through the skin, some form of scarring is unavoidable. In some cases, these can be imperceptible. However, they can be very obvious to the naked eye in other situations, making them good candidates for scar revision.Length/depth/orientation of the incision and infection are factors to consider for scar revision. If a scar becomes overly red, wide, or deep, it is a hypertrophic scar. This scar tissue that grows beyond the confines of the initial injury is called a keloid. Learn more.
- Facial Cancer Reconstructive Surgery: This surgery is not solely cosmetic in nature only. It considers facial functions as well. Therefore, you should only trust specialists like Dr. Dutton for such a critical and precise procedure. Whether you seek cancer correction or reconstruction of an injury or defect, Dr. Dutton helps Chicago men and women correct their structural deformities and deliver a medically sound and aesthetic outcome. Learn more.
- Otoplasty: (Cosmetic Ear Surgery)Otoplasty or cosmetic ear surgery is an aesthetic surgery designed to change the ears’ shape, position, or size. For example, if you or your child suffers from misshapen, protruding ears, you may consider otoplasty for aesthetic correction. In addition, you might choose to have otoplasty if your ears protrude from your head. You might also consider otoplasty if one or both ears are misshapen due to an injury or birth defect.
- Laser and Chemical Facial Resurfacing: Are you tired of wrinkles, acne, or dark spot problems? If you’ve tried all the creams and lotions on the market with no benefits in sight, perhaps you are a good candidate for chemical peels or laser resurfacing.
- Injectables (including BOTOXTM): At Rhinoplasty Institute of Chicago, we offer surgical correction for aesthetic and functional issues. In addition, for our patients not ready for surgery, we offer non-surgical treatments like BOTOX® and dermal fillers. These anti-aging therapies provide quick results with no surgical risk or downtime. In addition, you can get many of these minimally invasive procedures during your lunch break. Learn more.
- … and much more.
Relevant Articles on Facial Plastic Surgery:
The Simon Cowell Effect: More Men Choosing Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Take your first step in finding the best surgeon in the Chicago area to discuss your treatment options and to improve your overall appearance. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Dutton today!